Wednesday, February 22, 2012

kinda long post, but if you miss me, even a little, you'll read :) <3

Hey ladies,

Its been what feels like forever since I last did a blog post. I apologize for my absence, but I've been  having the roughest few weeks.

First my comments are not on my blog anymore, so I now have to start over with the comment building. If  you are a blogger of any sort, you know comments are important for building the blog. So I decided to just continue the blog instead of remaining frustrated with the comment situation.

The second thing is that my college life became hectic in just a week after school resumed from winter break. I have an internship, a tutoring job, an editor position at the school newspaper and my regular scheduled classes. A lot, right? Also I have to maintain another blog for my online journalism class because my professor doesn't see this hair blog as "important". I'm joking, the hair blog just isn't "news-y", which is understandable. If you want to check it out, it's yaadspot.wordpress.com

I feel like I'm stressing y'all out with my issues lol, but this is the last one, I promise.

 I have been on an endless search for money to pay for school so if any of you, my lovely hair colleagues,  know about any scholarships for a mass communications, international student, who has a 3.67 GPA, just hit me up here . Thanks :)

--------------------

Next, I was given a blog award by blutifulblaqhair.blogspot.com and even though I'm not sure when I'll be able to do the post, I still wanted to say thank you publicly. THANKS GIRL!! :)

Ok now to the hair


I have been doing the same things to my hair. My routine hasn't changed, I deep condition every week, I only use shampoo when my hair feels dirty, or when I used products with ingredients I don't approve of. I moisturize and seal my hair every night. There was one period where I used heat two or three times, but nothing detrimental happened.

I still have to do the review on the natural hair dye that I used and my hair dryer. I also had the chance to use one of the Wen leave-in conditioners, and I want to do a review on that too.

Thanks for sticking with the blog even though I've been absent. It really does mean a lot that 32 people want to read what I have to say.

4 comments:

Kathy Jay said...

Ur welcome! I totally understand you beig busy. My blogging has diminished significantly since school started. I'm in my last semester, have clinical (12 hr shifts), classes, a 1 year old, and a household to hold down so I completely understand! I do hope u find the money u ate looking for to help with school. I'll keep my eyes and ears open for u.

aly said...

Thank you! I hope everything goes well with u because your workload sounds tough.

EbonyCPrincess said...

I could not remember for the life of me who told me about the natural hair dye...but I have been recommending the HECK out of it!  No body has used it and reported back yet, so I'm looking forward to your review!

About your "life" updates - congrats on such an awesome GPA especially while maintaining a lot of extracurricular activities, you truly are the all around desirable student.  Awesome!!!

Aly said...

I should do the review this weekend. And thanks, you don't know how much that brightened my day :D