Thursday, December 15, 2011

Review: Cantu Shea Butter Grow Strong Strengthening Treatment


Cantu Shea Butter Grow Strong Strengthening Treatment      Price: $4.29



They say:

Cantu Shea Butter Grow Strong Strengthening Treatment prevents breakage before it starts by penetrating and moisturizing the hair from root to the tip.
Cantu Shea Butter Grow Strong Strengthening Treatment is made with pure shea butter and essential oils to replace vital oil to your hair leaving it stronger and healthier with a natural shine.

Cantu Shea Butter Grow Strong Strengthening Treatment helps…
  • strengthens fragile, weak and brittle hair to stop breakage
  • moisturize dry brittle hair with deep penetrating oil and emollients
  • protect hair against heat and styling damage
Ingredients: Water (Aqua), Glycine Soja Oil (Soybean), Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter) (Shea Butter), Laneth 15, Polyquaternium 37, Propylene Glycol Dicaprylate/Dicaprate, PPG 1 Trideceth 6, Steareth 2, Lanolin, Steareth 20, Dimethicone, Phenyltrimethicone, Panthenol, Benzophenone 3, BHA, BHT, Zea Mays (Corn) Oil (Corn), Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein, Hydrolyzed Collagen, DMDM Hydantoin, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Propylene Glycol, Fragrance (Parfum) (parfum)


My take:

I don't like it.
I'm not sure what happened but the first time I used it I liked it, but then after a few more uses, i found it to be terrible. 
The only positive thing about this product now is the smell. It made my hair feel dry and it weighed down my hair. Its supposed to moisturize but it completely failed to do so in my hair. I used it all the way to the end to give it a few more chances, plus I don't like wasting products, even if I don't like them.

I won't be trying it again.

Aly


7 comments:

Yolanda Grunewald said...

Hey! Just letting you know I've featured you on my blog recommendation page here http://yolandaas.blogspot.com/p/great-blogs.html

Take Care x

//http://yolandaas.blogspot.com

Yolanda Grunewald said...

No worries I like your blog! And interesting review.. head different opinions about this.. //http://yolandaas.blogspot.com/ xx

Kel Mh 1998 said...

i for one actually like the cantu product it gives a good smell and i think my hair grew about a half an inch.but diffrent heads i guess.

Mrdsaf said...

it works well in my hair, i have fine hair and it never weighed it down. Its made mine stronger and im getting a steady 1/2" a month with it!

Breanna said...

Is cantu shea butter grow strong for all types of hair?

T said...

This product is awesome. It's a good moisturizer that leaves the hair soft and manageable. I have relaxed hair and I've been using this moisturizer for about a year now. I have never had build up or weighed my hair down. To be honest you may have used it wrong or have sensitive hair. This is definitely not a waste of money

Willa Dunn said...

I just brought the leave i conditioning from Wamart pay about $5.47 will try for the first time,hope it helps my hair