Monday, October 31, 2011

Things revisited and braid out pictures

Hey guys!

On Sunday I had my co-wash day. I revisited aloe vera juice, revisited black tea and also revisited the braidout.

I don't know whats wrong with my memory sometimes. I forgot that I had experience with all these "new" things (black tea and aloe juice). I also incorporated the advice received for my last post. thanks guys!

I began with a hot-oil treatment that consisted of coconut oil and sweet almond oil for about 3 hours. I did my co-wash, I used HE LTR conditioner on my hair and rinsed. I had already brewed my black tea so I poured that onto my hair and left it for about 5 minutes.
I rinsed that and applied my ORS Replenishing Conditioner with grapeseed oil and coconut oil and left it on with a plastic bag (I ran out of caps lol) for about an hour.

After that was done, I rinsed my hair with cold water to help seal the hair. then I t-shirt dried my hair.

Whoever thought of black tea rinses, God bless you! I saw little hair on the comb after detangling. I did a little happy dance in my mind.



I mixed aloe vera juice, grapeseed oil and olive oil in a spray bottle and sprayed my hair.

I had already tried the hairstyle featured on ECP's blog over the summer. I liked it then and when I saw it on her blog I decided to do it again.

I parted my hair in 5 sections and did a 4 big braids. for the final section in the front I did about 6 little braids. I put the rollers pictured below to keep the ends from frizzing.


the front braids got me the tight curls below



personal #win: my braid outs now touch my shoulders :)


I put the back in a bun and pinned back the bangs.



For bed I re-did the braids and covered it with a satin scarf.
I hope you like it!


Thank you for reading!




2 comments:

Chanel Sledge said...

You're briaid out turned out great. I keep telling myself to do a black tea rinse but I'm scared that it will change my hair color too much. I need to do something to stop the shedding.

a1m1r1 said...

I think  it'll change your hair color after many uses, I'm not sure if once in a while will really do too much. I want my brown hair to be black anyway so I didn't mind lol. 

Thanks for reading my post. :)