Thursday, July 14, 2011

Questions

Hi Ladies!

So I really wanted to know if hair can revert after being relaxed. Is that possible? So I did the whole search thing and found this post on longhaircareforum.com. I think this sufficiently answers my question.


Grow Lovely With Me. Baa!
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Midwest
Posts: 2,347
Blog Entries: 4
Thanks: 2,201
Thanked 862 Times in 267 Posts
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Smile Re: can a relaxer revert?

NO.

NEVER.

Once you chemically alter hair it cannot change back.

Now you may not have processed it enough to compeltely kill the curls and after a couple of weeks to get over the shock of processing and it gets some moisture and protein from the products you use it begins to curl, but not the way it use to. I think this is often mistaken for "reversion".

But no, it is a chemical interaction on the molecular level. Once you relax, you're relaxed...even if its not to your satisfaction. Or you manage to "shock" your hair into seeming straight, even though it's really just underprocessed and needs some time to recoup and let what little texture is left "come back".

Not trying to sound militant, BTW, but I got my left bum cheek handed to me over this once. I've seen this topic get heated in the past.
__________________

Before seeing this I was a little perplexed because I know my hair could have this much new growth so fast.

However if you disagree or have a point to share please feel free to do so. I can take all the advice I can get.

Thanks for reading!!

No comments: