Thursday, July 21, 2011

Aloe Vera Mix for Dry Hair

Hey!

I see a lot of my American friends on my Facebook and Twitter complaining about the heat and I just have to shake my head at them. Why? Well when y'all experience this Jamaican heat constantly then I'll say "ok, I see what you mean."

Not to downplay what your going through but it is HOT out here in the tropics!

So my hair is usually very dry and even though I moisturize and seal and all that other stuff I talk about on this blog, my hair still feels dry.

So I had some aloe vera stalks in the refrigerator so I decided to try this to help my hair. My usual routine with aloe is to blend it with a little water to retain its potency and not water it down too much. Then after spraying that on my hair I would apply my oil with my hands. That would just end up being an oily mess.

So this time I added olive oil and castor oil to the aloe juice and poured it into a spray bottle. So this way I wouldn't have to deal with the mess. This worked out pretty well because my hair feels awesome again and  I didn't have to deal with the mess.


In addition: I found this cool site that has a bunch of different hair recipes with natural products. click the link to see if you like it/have heard of it before.

Check it out here

Thanks for reading!

No comments: