Saturday, May 14, 2011

New Growth- 6 1/2 weeks post

Hi, Its been a while since I did a blogpost, honestly I've been away because of pure laziness.

So this one is gonna be a quick update about my new growth.

It was March 25th, 2011 when I did my last relaxer, so that makes it approximately 6 1/2 weeks since my last relaxer.

I'm thinking given the amount of new growth that I have, that my hair and scalp are behaving like I was hoping they would. *big smile*

I have been using the messed up concoction I tried to make based on OhValerieMonCherie's black castor oil potion. I say "messed up" because as I said in a previous post I did a horrible job of following the instructions and tried to make up for it by googling some other stuff about properly infusing cayenne pepper. I don't think I did it right because my scalp did not tingle like she said it would.

(Please note I'm saying it was my fault that the potion didn't come out right, any complaint made by me has nothing to do with discrediting Ms. Valerie's mixture.)

OK, I definitely was not going to waste the castor oil that I bought, so I still use the mixture and i don't know if it has anything to do with my growth.

So here are some pictures of my 6-ish week progress of new growth




So since it looks like this, I'm beginning to get a lot of pressure from people around me, to get a touch up NOW.

But I'm not listening, I'm stretching as long as I can, which means I may have to revise my relaxer date. I planned to relax on the 18th of June but if I can go longer I'm gonna try.

Lets see!!

Thank you for reading! :)

4 comments:

jenijen said...

Good on you for not listening to others. You'd think after 2 years my family would leave me alone about relaxing as soon they notice my new growth coming in but no, they never fail.

As long as your hair is doing well, go for it.

a1m1r1 said...

thnx jeni, lol about the family... your results alone should tell them you're doing something right! My people haven't seen my results yet so I know I have a lot more of it to receive. 

Shakira Johnson said...

You go girl! you new growth looks great! Keep it up and don't listen to folks especially when they may not even have their OWN ish together! 

a1m1r1 said...

thank you!! :D