Friday, May 6, 2011

Hey, today was another wash day and let me tell you, today has been a looonnngggg day. I've been doing my hair since 2:00pm and it is now a few minutes to 6:00pm.

I've been reading up on natural or readily accessible products (like stuff you would find in your kitchen) for hair because products are not cheap in Jamaica, and my stash is running out.

I bought some mayonnaise, olive oil, yogurt, and eggs.

Mayonnaise contains eggs and oil, which add shine, body and strength to your hair, leaving it silky soft.

Read more: What Happens if You Put Mayonnaise in Your Hair? | eHow.com http://www.ehow.com/how-does_4569502_what-happens-put-mayonnaise-hair.html#ixzz1LbtYEeVT



My mother used to use olive oil in my hair when I was younger, but recently since I started my journey, I've been faithful to my coconut oil. Olive oil is known to nourish, condition and improve the strength and elasticity of hair.

Yogurt has lactic acid that help to shine and smooth hair, making it softer and easier to comb. I read on a black hair car forum that the yogurt loosened the curl pattern of the women who participated in the discussion. My hair is still wet so I'm not yet able to say whether or not that was true.

We all know that eggs provide protein. When I mixed all the ingredients (except the olive oil) together it came out a little more watery than a paste and it smelled horrible, I mean, there was a raw egg in the mix uugghh!!!

I let that sit on my hair with a plastic cap for about 45 mins. This was, of course after I shampooed and conditioned my hair.

Right now I'm sitting with the Creme of Nature argan oil deep conditioner on my hair with a plastic cap. I decide to include this because my hair was a little bit hard after the mayo mix.

This should be the end of the process, all I have to do next is rinse argan stuff out then spritz with aloe vera juice (I just added this to my regimen) and seal with some olive oil.

then rest :)

 I really wish I could roller set my hair because I'm tired of rocking natural ends, but my ends won't straighten without heat and I'm not using heat on my hair except for my relaxer day... *sigh*
The pains of having two textures...and I'm NOT cutting my natural ends off because that would be a large amount of hair gone...talk about setback ..uh uh! not doing that.

That was really random lol

If my hair likes this treatment I'll continue doing it

thanks for reading!

p.s. Has anyone ever tried putting mayo or yogurt on hair? If yes, how did it work out? 

No comments: