Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Something new and products!!

I found something new, its called the Real Queens Greenhouse Effect, it's awesome. here are the directions from the Real Queens website:


  • wash hair once a month with 100% natural shampoo
  • deep condition as needed with 100% natural conditioner
  • blot hair dry with a t-shirt (it's more gentle on the hair than a towel)
  • do the green house effect at least twice a week or as often as you'd like (the more the better)
  • dust ends every 1-2 months (this is optional, but highly recommended)
  • for best results wear protective or low manipulation hairstyles
  • try to avoid using heat - air dry instead of blow drying
  • if you flat iron your hair, only do it once a month
  • be gentel with your hair - don't comb and brush so often
  • try to not use products with chemicals in them because they produce the wrong kind of build-up which will force you to shampoo more frequently - use natural products/oils
  • eat right and drink lots of water

GREEN HOUSE EFFECT
  • On damp or dry hair apply a generous amount of JBCO or EVOO throughout your hair (or how ever much you can tolerate) making sure to coat the ends in the oil to create a protective barrier against pollution, fabrics, dryness ect.
  • This regimen works well with various protective hairstyles such as bantu knot outs and braid outs, so once you’ve oiled your hair you can prep it accordingly depending on how you plan to style it the next day.
  • Place shower cap or plastic bag over your hair to lock in the moisture from your scalps natural oils and heat from your head. This creates a green house, steam effect during your sleep which is the best time for your hair growth in this case.
  • Place a head tie/scarf over your head & shower cap making sure that it’s nice and snug; for best results also wear a winter hat over your scarf to help produce more heat.
    In the morning you may find that your hair is a bit damp from the moisture the steam effect created.
  • You can either blow dry it on cool setting, let it air dry a bit (about 15 mins) before styling, or go ahead and style it while it’s still damp and let it dry as the day progresses.
* if you don't really care for the JBCO smell, you should definitley try the Shea Oil with Mango & Papaya it will make your hair smell amazing or you can simply use EVOO from your local grocery store, it's much cheaper!

I do this greenhouse thing on weeknights when I have late classes the next day. It leaves my hair so soft, especially my ten week old new growth. I really did not use extra virgin olive oil because I like using coconut oil. Plus I just got new bottle of extra virgin coconut oil which brings me to my next point.

My products came!!!!! yaay!!

I got my new coconut oil, MSM 1000mg capsules, Biotin 5000mcg pills and my Herbal Essences Long Term Relationship Protecter (that cost too much for shipping :/)

I've heard so much about MSM, I hope it really lives up to the hype. After iI took it today for the first time I had a really bad headache ( and maybe this is TMI),  I peed like every 5 mins. I read more health websites on MSM and it says that you may experience the headache thing because its supposed to be releasing toxins. I don't know if I blamed the MSM for my problems, I usually go a lot because I drink a lot of water, and my headaches are nothing new.

If it persists I'll just blog about it.

No comments: